The life and times of an English Airedale Terrier puppy

Wednesday, June 13, 2007

More Presents For Me!

...And not stoopid grooming tables this time either! While we were out walking this morning we bumped into our postman. Now I think I have told you before that I love our local posties. Ours is really cool and always makes a real fuss of me and tells mum what a good boy I am (of course!) and that I never make a sound when he puts the post through our door. I love him because he brings me presents from my friends! There's another postie who does the other round in our neighbourhood. The second I spot him my tail starts going nineteen to the dozen and I plant myself on the ground to wait for him. He always fusses me and usually has some biscuits/cookies in his pocket, yay! So, any of you guys who have postman "issues", maybe you should get to know yours - he might be a nice guy who carries food about his person!

So yes anyway, we were out walking this morning and bumped into our postie and he said "Morning Oscar, I think I've got a parcel for you here!". I sat down and waited while he rummaged in his bags. Sure enough he pulled out a silver package! Mum let me carry my parcel home, which I managed even though it smelt really good and I was itching to open it right there and then.

It was from my friend
Finni! He is a really cool guy, just a little bit older than me. He lives in the north of England near where mum's mum, auntie and best friend live. Finni and I haven't met up yet, but we're hoping to next time I go up to visit grandma and mum's bestest friend Sarah. It was Finni and his mum who helped mum with lots of information and support when she switched me to my BARF diet, and his mum is also suggesting some natural remedies for some of my annoying health issues like my icky eyes and my sensitive stomach.

Isn't he a super handsome boy? There are some other very nice photos of him on his
site, so go and check it out! I'm getting a bit worried about all these airetractive Aireboys that are around now! As well as fine-looking Finni there's the beautiful Bogart and striking Stanley, as well as the young pups Jaffa and Mitch who are growing more handsome by the day. Finally, my little namesake osKar is working hard on his blog, so you'll all be able to drool over him soon too! I think I need to work of my handsome-ness and get mum to finish my Aire-do (can't believe I'm actually wanting to have some hair ripping done!) and get rid of my gunky eyes which a back again, grr.

Once we got home it was time to tear open that parcel! I could smell something really good in there! It was also wrapped in lovely popping plastic stuff which I just adore, so that was a present in itself. Oh, and mum is talking to the little boy next door who is a real chatterbox and is telling mum all about his new slippers! He's the one I like playing the "chase up and down the fence game" with!



Wowee, look what I got! A set of 3 Air Kong balls! I love the Aire Kong stuff for its' super squeaky-ness; that's why I loved the Aire Kong rings I got for my barkday from Simba and Putter. Mum likes them as they are made from non-abrasive fluff that doesn't wear your teethies down like normal tennis balls can, yawn!


There were also 2 piggy ears in there, no wonder it smelled so good!

I got straight down to work on one. Mmmm, piggy crunchy deliciousness!

Here's a video so you can share the pleasure! Listen to the crunch, imagine the taste, mmmm. Are you hungry?

Can you hear that annoying bird cawing away in the background? It was really putting me off my chewing, stoopid bird!



Once I had demolished that I wanted to try out the tennis balls.



Yay, they're quite strong even for my monster jaws, I'm really going to enjoy playing with these! Even though mum was trying to get ready to go out I insisted on a bit more play!



Thanks so much for my great presents Finni! You and your mum are very kind.

Now, you may have noticed that I was wearing a rather dapper new bandanna in those photos and videos! That's right, I got yet another barkday present! I reckon I'll still be getting presents by next barkday! Mum says I'm a spoiled brat! My bandanna is from my very good pals Boy and Baby! They asked Butchy and Snicker's very clever mum to make it especially for me, wasn't that sweet, especially as they had already sent me a very cool tuggy for my barkday. I really LOVE my new bandanna you guys! I have been wearing it lots, so much so that mum has already had to wash it twice as it keeps getting all muddy from jumping in the river with it on, then running around the fields.

Here I am modelling it while it is nice and clean! It has a print of a very handsome looking Airedale on it...unlike me who looks very scruffy!

When I went inside to have my dinner I ended up looking very stoopid as it flipped over my face, kind of a cross between a bandanna and a pirate's eye patch! Ar har me hearties! All I need now is a parrot on my shoulder!

I eventually managed to shake it round to the side a little. I had to do it myself as mum was being no help, just snapping away as per, grr!

Thank you Boy and Baby. I really like it a lot and it co-ordinates with my tan and black fur just pawfectly!

I will wear it to obedience class in the hope that it gives me the power to do my annoying 5 minutes sit-stay which I am still trying to achieve!

Licks

Oscar x

24 comments:

Simba and Jazzi said...

Hey, ya da man, Very cool. I managed 3 min sit and stay, yes really, but 5 mins, thats like a whole month to a dog.

Simba xx

Toby said...

Oh my...those pig ears are making me drool!! I wish my postman would bring me some of those!!!

Tobes

Boo Casanova said...

oscar, can't believe u r still receiving gifts! that pig ears... i have never try before but i bet i'll love it!

wet wet licks

Boo

Molly the Airedale said...

Finni is such a cutie! Mom thinks my issue with the postman isn't the actual person, it's the truck that he drives that makes me go nuts! Anyway, you got lovely gifts Oscar and that pigs ear looks delicious!

Love ya lots,
Maggie

Gwyn Valentine said...

Hi Oscar,
Your little friend Finni is really really cute!
I bet you are just as cute when u were younger hehehe
I love my raw chicken too *slurps*
I think you look really smoooothhhh with that bandanna
Love,
Reina

Katherine and Pippa said...

Hi Oscar - but this comment is for your mum.

Well impressed with you technique of throwing the ball and recording at the same time.

Some cool co-ordination there!

Kate

Smudge said...

With your bandanna on the side like that, you might start off a whole new fashion trend!

hehehe
love, Smudge x

Ferndoggle said...

What splended presents!! You are very handsome in your bandana.

Oscar, you can do it! We have faith in you!!!! 5 minutes isn't all that long (unless your Lola & have ants in your pants...then it's like 100 years!)

Sherman, Penny & Lola

Amber-Mae said...

Woooow, piggy ears! Yum Yum! I never tried one before well that's becoz, Malaysia don't sell any... How sad. Wish I could try one one day even bully stick. I see sooo many of my DWB friends enjoying themselves with bully sticks, I wonder what's sooo great about them. LOL! Newat, your bandanna's real nice. Is that an Airedale printed on it? Sure looks like it to me!

Love licks,
Solid Gold Dancer

Marvin -The Hollow Hound said...

Hi Oscar! I don't like pig's ears very much at all, which is odd 'cos I normally like everything!!

I love your bandana!

love and licks, Marvin xxxxx

Peanut said...

Oh presents are always the best. THose balls look great. I really like your bandana.

Huskee and Hershey said...

Ummm.. I am one of those with 'postie issues'. I think he is terrified of dogs (me in particular cos I bark at him so much). Ok ok, I will go for some serious therapy and be nicer to the guy.. hopefully he's got some treats in his pockets!

Myeo said...

Glad that you like the bandana. When we we saw the Airedale bandana in that colour, we thought of you instantly. We know you have alot of bandanas so this one can be added to your collection.

Love
Boy n Baby

Suki & Joey said...

I like the scruffy look, Oscar. It suits you :)

I'm sorry your yucky eyes are back - why do you think that's happening? Poor guy. I hope you get better soon.

Puggy kisses!
Suki

fee said...

man, those pig ears look yummy! were you wearing a bell that day? me dad thought you were eating a bell when he walked by and heard the ringing sounds from your video!

loves,
fee

Tadpole said...

BALLS! BALLS! I love balls!!!

And you look BEAUTIFUL, Oscar - I like the slightly scruffy look. Very rugged and manly, you know. :-)

Gigi, Slurpee, Nachos and Murrey said...

Wow Oscar!
You seem to have lotsa pressies coming your way!

We want some too!
heheh we tagged you~!

xxxooo
Nachos

Lorenza said...

Hi, Oscar.
The postman who bring the mail to my house doesn't give me treats or cookies! Maybe I need to talk to him about it!
Like Amber I've never had an ear pig but looks delicuios!
I love balls too!
You look very jandsome with your bandana!
Yes, seems like you will be receiving presents everyday until your next birthday, that is awesome!
Have a nice day
Lorenza

Unknown said...

Oscar, you seem to have charmed your way into the postman's heart! I loved how he greats you by name and gives you your post first. Do you get more post than your mum? Boy are you handsome:)


Loves,
Tofu

Ruby Bleu said...

What cool prezzies Oscar! And for what it is worth...you are the handsomest of them all! Well, you and Stanley, oh and Bogart, and Mitch and Jaffa.

Lots of licks, Ruby

Girl Girl Hamster said...

Woh those are really nice presents. And you looks handsome in that bandana Oscar. :)


~ girl girl

Stanley said...

Oscar!

Congratulations on the presents, buddy. You SCORED!

Goob love,
Stanley

Quinvale AstaLaVista Baby said...

G'day Oscar,

Those tweats are definitely better than a grooming table! I like to bury my pig ears, make them nice and soft, then shake the dirt all over the house.

xxx Asta down under

Anonymous said...

Hello,nice post thanks for sharing?. I just joined and I am going to catch up by reading for a while. I hope I can join in soon.