The life and times of an English Airedale Terrier puppy

Friday, June 15, 2007

My Mate Maddie

Hey guess what? You know how I always moan that when I go over to play in Seven Fields there is never anyone around to play with? Well I have found my mate Maddie again! I first met her months ago when we were both little puplets and we got on great, but then I didn't see her for ages and mum lost Maddie's mum's phone number when her old mobile phone broke.

Well, we saw her again last week and we were both so excited to see each other. She is 10 months old now and she has grown loads (well, I suppose I have done a fair amount of growing too!). She is still great fun to play with though. I love playing with boxers as they like lots of wrestling and bitey-face game just like I do. Whenever I see one I get really excited. We met a little white boxer pup called Dexter the other day and we had a good old chase around and a bit of "boxercise". Hopefully we'll meet him again too.

Check me out chasing after Maddie when I spot her ahead of us on the way to the fields! I had just emerged from a particularly refreshing bit of river (read muddy and slimy!).



We got straight down to some serious wrestling. She's quite a dominant girl and wastes no time in slinging a paw round my neck to try and pull me to the floor. 1-o to Maddie.

I couldn't have everyone thinking I was a big sissy so I jumped on her head to try and knock her down that way, 1-1.


Haha, I managed to get her on the ground, but she still came back with some counter blows to my big fuzzy head. There's no keeping that girl down!

I guess my terrier touchdown made her a bit mad as she was soon back on her feet ready for a big boxer take down. 2-1 Maddie.


She meant business too. She had me pinned to the floor before I knew what was happening! 3-1 Maddie?

This is so not good for my street cred! I'm getting beaten up by a girl, and a younger girl than me at that! It's at time like these that you really wish your mum didn't have that stoopid camera permanently attached to her wrist!

Time out, time out! Maddie is the victor, I admit defeat!

So now you can all see the shameful truth of what a submissive boy I am. I think you probably had some idea when I lay down for little Saffie to play with me at the show the other day, but now you have even more proof! I say I'm just a gentleman who knows how to play nice with other doggies, especially ladies. Dad says I'm a big wuss. Mum says I am a clown but she's glad that I am such a nice friendly boy! What do you guys think?

Here we are in action. As you can see, there is no malice whatsoever in our "fighting", we are simply having the most fantastic time EVER! Apart from all the bitey face and rolling around we do plenty of jumping in and out of the stream, hopping through the long grass like a pair of gazelles (well Maddie looks like a gazelle, I kind of look like a big fluffy bunny!), and trying to take our mum's out by running past their legs at 100mph, hehehe!



Our mum's now have now swapped phone numbers again, so we will be doing lots of meeting up from now on, yay!

I hope you all have a great weekend. I have agility tomorrow so I'm really looking forward to that. I wonder what equipment we will try out this time? I think we are also going to help out at an RSPCA fun day and dog show on Sunday, so hopefully the weather will stay dry as the forecast is not good at all!

Licks

Oscar x

35 comments:

Amber-Mae said...

Oooooo.... a new girly friend heh Oscar??? Oh come, I know you're better than that! She a girl for crying out loud! How can a girl defeat you? You must like her a lot that you don't mind her winning huh!? Heeeheeeheee...

Love licks,
Solid Gold Dancer

Hammer said...

Hi Oscar

I'm glad you had so much fun with Maddie. I find girls are bossy on the whole, so don't feel bad Maddie pinned you down on the ground. I think this is a girl thing.

Have a great time with Agility tomorrow and lots of fun over the weekend.

Love from Hammer

Simba and Jazzi said...

Looks you had great fun together. RSPCA fun day sounds good, don't forget your camera

Simba xx

Asta said...

Oscar
I have to agree that you're a gentleman...you can have tons of fun without always having to win....my Mommi says it's the pwocess, not just the end wesult that counts....you look like you're having the bestest time..I'm soo glad you have a gweat pal to play with
have fun in agility class..hope the weather coopewates
smoochie kisses
Asta

Toby said...

Hi Oscar,

Awww, this was a great post! So happy to see you find your long lost gf!!! (Hehehe, she is ur gf, rite?) The two of you sure had a blast. Bitey face is one of my favorite games too!!!

Where are you two going for your next date???

Tobes

Ruby Bleu said...

Oscar,
I think no less of you now than before you were taken down by a girl. I mean that, seriously. You two looked like you had loads of fun. So glad you found Maddie again!

Lots of Licks, Ruby

Boo Casanova said...

hehehe oscar, we all know you are just a gentledog when you said you have never "murder" a toy!

wet wet licks

Boo

Cairo The Boxer said...

I must say that you have a BEAUTIFUL girl friend. Congrats you have made a true friend for life. I also think it is really nice you let her win when you play.

Molly the Airedale said...

Maddie's giving you a few Boxer moves Oscar! What great action shots! What can we say - you're a lover, not a fighter!
Have fun at your agility tomorrow!

Love ya lots,
Maggie

Tadpole said...

Oh, you guys look like me and Fig when we play! I always let my sister (a GIRL) win too. Otherwise they get really crabby, you know....

Faya said...

Oh elle est rigolotte Maddie, on dirait qu'elle aussi elle a mis ses bottes de pluie ! Bon week-end mon Oscar...bisous de ta Faya

Lorenza said...

Hi, Oscar.
Don't feel bad because your friend Maddie won that game. We all know that you are a gentleman.
I hope you have a great weekend doing all those activities!
Besos
Lorenza

Unknown said...

OMDogg... she is hot! No shame in letting a girly dog win. Us hounds invented courting... you know after that encounter she'll be coming back for more. You won't even have woo her. Less work the better right?

Loves,
Tofu

Kerrio said...

Fabulous, I love seeing pics of dogs rompin together - looks like you had loads of fun :)

snogs from the dogs

Kerio & co

Joe Stains said...

That looks like a lot of fun, and after a lot of years living with a girl I would tell you, just let them win! it makes life easier!

Anonymous said...

Wow Oscar.. Those walking paths look awesome! You and Maddie look so cute playing together!
Hugs,
Sitka

Wimsey said...

Looks like you had a great time. Beautiful area too.

Wimsey

Persephone and Buster said...

hey oscar.... that's pretty cool that you allowed that gurlie to knock you down... i let my mom do that! pssst we all know it makes them feel important to still be able to get our attention..ahem....
i don't let sephie knock me down though...to barasssing...not cool at all to let your sis take you down. glad you did find your boxer gurlie friend again though, have fun at the park. buster

the many Bs said...

hahahaha we won't tell anyone that you let your girlfriend beat you up. you let her do that, right? sure you did. that's okay. you're still cool.

Peanut said...

Letting the girls win is always good. I do that paw thing around the neck to flash. We boxers are loads of fun.

Bogart H. Devil said...

Oh Oscar, you LET her beat you! (That's the correct thing to say...)

Love,
Bogart

Stanley said...

Oscar,

You are a clown & a gentleman. What could possibly be wussy about that? I think you're just a big lovebug (borrowed that one from my girl) because you roll around hugging and kissing on Maddie while she's trying to bite your face off!

Your goober,
Stanley

Gwyn Valentine said...

Wow Oscar!

U glad you get to see maddie again! Now that you two has exchanged contacts i bet we will see more actions from both of you!
U are one real gentledog! No wonder Maddie looks like she can't get enough of you!

Love,
Reina

Gwyn Valentine said...

Wow Oscar!

U glad you get to see maddie again! Now that you two has exchanged contacts i bet we will see more actions from both of you!
U are one real gentledog! No wonder Maddie looks like she can't get enough of you!

Love,
Reina

Nugget said...

Hi Oscar,
Looks like you had great fun! Hopefully you and Maddie will get together often this summer.
Licks,
Nugget

Marvin -The Hollow Hound said...

Oscar, I am sooooo pleased you found Maddie again, I felt sorry for you last time you wrote about Seven Fields as there were no doggies there to play with!

She looks good fun, if a bit boisterous (oooooh that was a big word for me to bark there!)

love and licks, Marvin xxxxxx

Jackson's J1 and J2 said...

Hey Oscar, How's your eye? Mine's gone a bit gloopy again.
It was very gentlemanly of you to let Maddie win. You did let her win, didn't you? J x

Sophie Brador said...

Hey Oscar, It looks to me like maybe you're a little in love. It just wouldn't do to not let your girl win.

But I am a bit concerned about the scary ice-cream truck music playing in the background. Does this mean that a slasher flick is right around the corner?

Suki & Joey said...

Oscar, she is beautiful! Is Faya going to be jealous? :)

I think it's great that you're not a super-bossy alpha, because then you wouldn't be such a sweetheart, and we all love you just the way you are!

Puggy kisses
Suki

fee said...

dear oscar,

hope you'll have fun at the fun day and dog show; maybe you'll meet some woofly ladies there!

loves,
fee
ps: it's ok. i get pinned to the ground by my ah ma (6.5kg) all the time too (i'm almost 9kg). you and i, we're just very gracious people!

ToFFee said...

Wowf Oscar!

A long lost female pal ei?

Got to make up for that lost time I must say!

Better take her number down as well. Mommy might lost it again!

Do girls act bossy? I'm sure you're just being a gentlepup to let her win..

I should pick some pointers!

Wuffs!
Toffee
p.s. Oscar and Maddie sitting under a tree.. k-i-s-s-i-n-g
Woofy! love is in the Aire!

PerfectTosca said...

You go boy! Listen, if a boxer jumped on me, I would lose too!

Sharon said...

HAHA!!! Snickers would love a chance at you, Oscar. You are a lot bigger, but I think Snickers is pretty spunky. Maddie would probably dominate Snickers though. Those are two pretty tough little girls.
Sharon and Snickers

Putter said...

Hi Oscar! Hi!

WOW! I am so glad that you found Maddie again! This sure looks like a funnest playdate! But is it true that you were pinned by a girl?:)

Your Friend,

Putter ...:)

Myeo said...

Hey Oscar,

Is that your new girlfriend?

Love
Boy n Baby