Boo hoo, it looks like I could be pipped to the post for the Awesome Blog Award. Never mind, it was an honour just to get nominated by my good buddy Boo anyway!
Anyway, moving along. Do all of you already know these two good looking dogs? They are Gomer and Opie who have a blog called Dogs Aye View. They had their 10,000 visitor this week and it's also the 1 year anniversary of their blog today, Friday June 29th.
Here's Gomer. Pretty neat trick isn't it? I keep telling mum big dogs can't do this trick as I keep falling over every time I try, so I don't know what my excuse is going to be now, hmmm.
THE FIRST ANNUAL DOGS' AYE VIEW 10K:We wanna make pawprints all over the world and celebrate our success by giving back to the people who helped to rescue us and those who work hard every day to rescue other animals from the streets or from bad situations. So, will you enter the Dogs' Aye View 10K and help us out? It's simple... just run around your keyboard ...
- For every visitor* to the blog over the next 10 days (from Tuesday, June 26 till Friday, July 6), dogmom is going to donate 10 cents to Friends For Life Animal Sanctuary, where she adopted us!
- But wait, there's more! She's going to donate another 10 cents for everybody that posts a comment to our blog ... about anything ... to Southwest Metro Animal Rescue, located in Chaska where we live, since they have the same no-kill philosophy about domesticated animals.
- But wait, there's more! If you tell us in your comment that you also clicked the purple button (upper left side of our blog, under our picture... or this link) The Animal Rescue Site on our blog to help feed shelter animals ... then she's going to donate another 10 cents to EACH of these fine organizations -- Friends For Life, SWMAR and The Animal Rescue Site.
- And, if you post a blurb and a link on YOUR blog that tells everybody and links back to us -- then she's going to donate a whole dollar (!) to the animal rescue group of your choice if you email her their information at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- *We'll use Google Analytics to determine the number of visitors between midnight on June 26 and 11:59 p.m. on July 6.
Isn't that just the best idea? Gomer and Opie's mum sounds like the greatest mum two rescue pups could have ever wished for!
Now, you know I told you about my fishies a few weeks ago? Well I am sad to tell you that the teeny baby guppies didn't make it. I think they needed a more specialised tank to help them grow. Amber-Mae's also has some guppies who have just had 16 babies, so I hope hers will fare better than mine did. The other fishies are all still OK and have grown a fair bit already. Mr ugly mug Plec keeps sticking to the front of the tank asking me to play with him, but every time I oblige I get into trouble, and now I'm not even allowed in the living room when mum and dad aren't around. Something about knocking the tank off the stand with my "big clumsy paws" to quote dad. Thanks Mr Plec, what did I ever do to you to make you get me into trouble?!
I think you'll agree that the fish would have been loving having my face up close and pawsonal. Dad is a big meanie!
So, what have you got planned for the weekend? I have dad's hooman pups coming, agility class and a show so I'm going to be pretty busy. Did you just say "no rest for the wicked" dad? Charming!