The life and times of an English Airedale Terrier puppy

Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Fatty Baby Photos

Our good friend Suki, the cutest little pug I know and probably the prettiest in the whole of the universe, posted a game a week or so ago asking us to show our baby photos. Well, I have finally got around to posting mine!

Now as you may or may not know, I had another family before I came to live with mum and dad. A lady had reserved me from my breeders and came to collect me at 8 week. At about 13 weeks she took me back to my breeders saying I was "too much of a handful" and a real "Jekyll and Hyde", asleep one minute and running around the next. Erm, hello...I was a little puppy! Anyway, her loss was mine and mum and dad's gain. What I am rambling on about is that we have a big gap in cute puppy photos between when I left my breeders at Sherifs Airedales and when I returned to them to go home with mum and dad. Mum has made up for it since mind you!

Anyway, here I am at 1 day old with my tired but proud mum. I had 7 brothers. What a handful for mum! We are all named after cowboys which I think is pretty cool. That's why I am Sherifs Sundance Kid like in the film. I think I am more handsome than Robert Redford though, hehehe.

Here we are at 4 weeks old. Us Airedales look quite different when we're little to when we're fully grown. I think we look a bit like rottweiler puppies. Looks like we were getting plenty of food doesn't it, roly poly puppies that we were!


Here we are at 6 weeks, getting more handsome by the day, and having lost a teeny bit of our puppy fat. I think we must have been waiting for din dins in this photo. When I came to live with mum and dad I came with a bit of that stripy sheet as a comfort blanket.

Now there is the gap in photos while I was with my first owners....

.....and here I am on my first day with mum and dad on 1st September 2006. Wasn't I a fluffy little chap. I weighed about 9 kilos here compared with 22.5 kilos now.

You can see that I had a lot more black on my ears and face and down my back legs when I was little. Look how big my paws are too!


Here I am one week later. We went to our Airedale club fun day and I won my first rosette for "Best Trick". I did shake paw. I had learned it in just a week and beat a lot of grown up Airedales!

Here I am a week after that playing at mum and dad's friends house. I did a bit of gardening while I was there and ate a few flowers, oops. My cuteness got me off the hook though. We stayed there for 4 days and I was very well behaved apart from the plant chomping, no accidents on their nice new cream carpets or chewing their lovely leather sofa or anything!

Here I am at 5 months old. Aw, there's my crate. I really liked it, but I got too big to fit in there and I must admit, sneaking on the sofa once mum and dad have gone to bed is much comfier!

I was a scruffy little urchin wasn't I? I had forgotten how much puppy fuzz I had!


This was taken at 6 months just before my first Aire cut. As you can see, I had more or less grown into my paws by now!

And here I am after my Aire-do! That was in the days before mum decided she'd rather pull my hair out instead of taking me to the groomers to be clipped!

This photo coincides with me starting my blog, so from here on in my life is VERY well documented by paparazzi wannabe mum!

I hope you enjoyed looking at my puppy photos. It's been fun having a trip down memory lane!

Licks

Oscar x

35 comments:

Jackson's J1 and J2 said...

What a cutikins you were! I wish I had photos of me as a pup but I know that I was handsome cos otherwise I wouldn't be soooo handsome now, right? J x

Toby said...

Oh Oscar, you and your brothers were just the cutest!! Of course, you're still cute now, just in a more manly way!! (Mom made me say that!!)

Tobes

Tadpole said...

Oh Oscar, you were the CUTEST pup ever! You were so fluffy! And HOLY CRAP - your dog-mom had EIGHT BOYS?!?! Whew! She must have been a saint!

I'm so glad you found your mom and dad - that first lady sounds CRAZY.

Peanut said...

You were such a cute puppy. That woman who had you before you mom and dad is an idiot.

Ruby Bleu said...

Hi Oscar...
You've got Robert Redford beat paws down!!! Such a cutie as a puppy and oh so handsome now!!!

Lots of Licks, Ruby

Faya said...

Oh maintenant je comprends ! Déjà tout petit tu étais un clown ! Comme tu es mignon....encore et toujours. C'est vrai que petits nous sommes très différents : mon éleveur disait qu'on aurait pu croire que la maman avait eu une aventure avec un rottweiler !!
Bisous à mon Sherif....ta Faya

Unknown said...

oh Oscar, can't believe you use to be sooooo little! Wow, your mum and dad are doing a wonderful job with you. So handsome and now you've got trophies too.


Loves,
Tofu

Molly the Airedale said...

What a cutie you were Oscar! At 6 months I don't think Mitch has grown into his paws yet! YIKES - this is a scary thought!
I just love your rosette picture! You look just soooooooooooo huggable!

Love ya lots,
Maggie

Balboa said...

You were such a cute baby dude!

I'm glad that stupid lady didn't want you and you got your loving and smart forever family.

Katherine and Pippa said...

Serious comment here!

Didn't realise what Airedale puppies looked like before seeing those pix.

Forever cute tho' eh?

Kate

Anonymous said...

Sooo adorable!!! I loved walking down memory lane with you :)
Hugs,
Sitka

Marvin -The Hollow Hound said...

Oscar! You are so sweet both when you were a wee puppy and now!

I cant believe you weigh nearly as much as me, and I am 8 and a bit.

I weigh 24 kg! Will you grow any more?

oooooh I do not know any Airedales around here, though we did spot one in the High Street the other day.

love and licks, handsome one!

Marvin xxxxx

Bogart H. Devil said...

Cool puppy photos Oscar, you were such a little cutie-pie!

Love,
Bogart

Putter said...

Oscar!

These are awesome photos! You are one cute boy -- that is for sure! We look a lot a like as pups -- is that a problem since I am a girl???? I hope not! Great pictures!

Your Friend,

Putter ...:)

JAZZ AND DIXIE said...

OMG Oscar you were such a cute little puppy! We've only ever seen fully grown Airedales here so we didn't know what you guys looked like as puppies. Thanks for sharing these wonderful pics with us.
Licks
Jazz and Dixie

Persephone and Buster said...

We knew that ALL airedale pups are cute, but you were special!

Cuteness is important for us terriers, don't'cha think?
Otherwise, our humans would really be angry all the time.

Keep the pix coming,

Persephone & Buster

Joe Stains said...

This was a nice trip! I can't believe they turned you back in, but it sure worked out best in the end!

Lorenza said...

Hi, Oscar.
I like your puppy pictures! You were an adorable little puppy.
and of course, now you are a very handsome boy!
So sorry for that lady, it was her lose, because you are now a happy boy with your parents who love you so much!
Have a good night
Lorenza

T-man Angel said...

How interesting to see the changes in you. It's amazing how different you looked as a little puppy. I didn't know baby airedales looked like mini rotts :) You have grown into a fine handsome fellow!

T-man

Girl Girl Hamster said...

Woh.. Sherifs Sundance Kid is such a cool name. You still are very cute when you came to stay with your current parents.
I love seeing your photos Oscar.

~ Girl girl

Boo Casanova said...

oscar, yeah, we pretty much see you grow into a MAN! hehehe. well documented and when you look back in 5 years time, you'll be surprised how many memories you have.

wet wet licks

Boo

Nugget said...

Oscar, Mum and I really enjoyed your walk down memory lane, great photos! You are the cutest!
Licks,
Nugget

Simba and Jazzi said...

Asleep one minute, running around the next, what did she think was going to happen??? Look at all the cute puppies, ahhh bless.

Simba xx

Kevin the Collie said...

Hi Oscar

You have been tagged in the Seven Random Things game by Kevin the Collie. Want to Play?
Kev
xx

Ben & Darling said...

Oscar,

You are such cute & handsome pup.

Amber-Mae said...

Oh you were just a bootiful wee pup even your mommy too! Wow! Best trick, I'm impressed... I like that nice looking red rosette. And you look really nice after your Aire-do! Your life was just plain CUTE Oscar!

Love licks,
Solid Gold Dancer

Gwyn Valentine said...

Hi Oscar,
Thanks for sharing all the pictures!
You look so so soooooooooooooo tiny when you were one day old!
My mum saw the pictures and she went "AWWWWWWWWWW SO CUTE!"

Love,
Reina

Ferndoggle said...

Oh my Oscar...you were super, duper cute. You did look like a Rotti puppy when you were little.

I love the fuzzy picture of you!

Lola

Sophie Brador said...

Your mom pulls your hair out? Did I miss something on your blog?

Asta said...

Oscar, you are and were dazzling, one magnificent boy, and a sherif too? wow...My Mommi would hug you to death if you were closer and it's clear to see why you keep winning rosettes, the first at such a tender age, my dog...I love you..that stoopid woman shouldn't be allowed awound doggies..clearly she needs to be in an insane asylum...so glad you found your pawfect family
smoochie kisses
Asta

Rachael said...

What an adorable puppy you were and are Oscar!

Luckie Girl said...

Hey Oscar,
I think just too bad your first family didnt know how special you are to return you to your breeder. I love your puppy pics..and you are looking more and more dashing each day!

Myeo said...

Oscar, you are really a cute boy and now you have grown so handsome.
Your first family dont realise their loss.

Love
Boy n Baby

Suki & Joey said...

First of all, thank you for the sweet compliment :)

Secondly, you were the cutest little puppy ever! Oh my doG, your wittle fluffy face looked like a teddy bear's! Awww....

Thanks for sharing :)
Puggy kisses
Suki

Anonymous said...

super ..