The life and times of an English Airedale Terrier puppy

Friday, July 20, 2007

Well Bred and Read

Are you sitting comfortably? Then I shall begin! Hehehe, I just love sitting ON the sofa!

My human friend Blue (who I am hopefully meeting tomorrow!) and my cool new WFT pals Agatha and Archie tagged me to reveal my favourite books. Now I'm not really one for long complex novels - I'm only just a year old remember, and I am a terrier with the associated attention span after all!

Here I am sitting ON the sofa with my birthday birdie from
Faya waiting for story time!

My first choice is this book of pubs and hotels here in the UK where I can tag along with mum and dad! There are a few dog friendly pubs around here, and it will be very useful if we ever want a holiday without the taking the tent - which might be soon if this rain doesn't stop!

My second choice is this very sweet book about a lady who was left with nothing but her 3 female Airedales after her husband left her. Her dogs gave her the strength to carry on and she bought and repaired an old cottage, set up a grooming business, bred Airedale puppies, made new friends and lived to a grand old age!

This is one of the books mum read before changing my diet over to BARF. I'm grateful to Tom Lonsdale as I really love my dinners, and my tummy is soooo much better. I'm sure mum and dad are also glad that I don't have the windy bottom from hell any more, hehehe!

We use this book to learn new tricks. There are some cool ideas in there such as learning to put rubbish in the bin. Funny concept if you ask me - I much prefer trying to get stuff OUT of it! Mary Ray is quite famous here in the UK as she does a lot of great doggy dancing (heelwork to music) like my pal Amber-Mae does.

My final choice is this manual. Mum read it before she even got me and said it has some great advice in there, especially for first time dog owners like her. This book definitely helped make me into the good boy I am, along with hard work from mum and dad - and your truly of course!

I hope you liked my choices. I have enjoyed reading my pal's lists. I'm not sure who has been tagged, so join in if you want to play!

Have a great weekend everyone. I have agility, meeting Blue and grooming class amongst other things, so I'll be busy as ever!

Licks

Oscar x

26 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oscar... first the photo of you sitting on the sofa is great! Second... awesome book choices. Mom said that she may want to read the "Dogs and a Cottage." Your description intrigued her! Hope you have a great weekend!!!
Hugs,
Sitka

Asta said...

Oscar,
being red to after a gweat day of playing sounds just gweat to me..I love the way you sit on the sofa..it sounds like your weekend will be packed full of terrific things..and your choices of books are really good..I wish I could go stay in pubs adn visit you
smoochie kisses
Asta
pee ess, I have an award for you

Katherine and Pippa said...

Hi Oscar

I've not read a single book. I'm a bit pre-occupied at the moment with the girlfriend issue.

So mistress is going to put her books on her itchyfeetatfortyblog.

She has some doggy books but I think they are VERY old.

Ruffs Pippa

Simba and Jazzi said...

Have fun with Blue. Hope it stops raining for you.

Simba xx

Marvin -The Hollow Hound said...

You look fabulous on the sofa Oscar!

How exciting, meeting Blue! Give her our love and my licks, won't you!

Have a good weekend, we do not have any rain here in Scotland, but it has got very cold suddenly, hope we dont get snow!

love and licks, Marv xxxxxxx

Molly the Airedale said...

Mom says she wants to read the Dogs and the Cottage book!
Sounds like you have a fun packed weekend planned! I can't wait till you post again!

Love ya lots,
Maggie

Jackson's J1 and J2 said...

Hey pal, haven't seen the "Dogs and a Cottage" book before so will check it out. How lovely that you're going to meet Blue! Give her a wirey hug from me, OK? J x

Amber-Mae said...

Oh you got one of Mary Ray's books too! I have one of hers too but it's about Musical Freestyle. We even ordered her DVD all the way from UK! Wait, is she from there? I can't remember... Her dogs are good but we still Carolyn Scott & Rookis the Golden Retriever. Heard of them before? They did the Grease Routine(the most famous dance routine in the world) I also two other tricks book but mommy hasn't taught me how to do ALL of them.

Love licks,
Solid Gold Dancer

Joe Stains said...

when we sit like that mom calls it a funny sit! you are doing a funny sit right there!

Ferndoggle said...

Excellent literary tastes Oscar. As if there was ever any doubt. I like that Perfect Puppy book. Mom says I should read it agan because I'm not quite perfect yet.

Lola

Kevin the Collie said...

Hi Oscar

Great Doggie Holiday Books!

I am tagging you to show which images of dogs in the media have influenced you or your Mum and Dad. Check out my post on dog images
Hugs and Licks
Kev xx

Lorenza said...

Hi, Oscar.
Great pictures of you in the sofa!
I like your book choices!
Please say Blue hello for me.
I hope you have a great weekend!
Lorenza

coco said...

oh yes, oscar, i share your fondness for the way you use the couch. i climb up on the back all the time and lie down up there on the top of the cushions. that way i can keep an eye on everything. makes perfect sense to me!

wiggly licks, coco

The Airechicks said...

Oscar -

Lots of snaps ....tell Mum we need pics....Have a wonderful fun filled adventure weekend !!

Snowball said...

I love the way you sit ON the sofa. You are so cute, Oscar.

Luv,
Snowball

Ben & Darling said...

I like your 1st pic!!! so cute!!

Gwyn Valentine said...

That sofa looks really comfy, i would love to join u there on the sofa, but promise not to sit on me!
Thats alot of interesting doggie books you read!
I would love to read the one on raw meaty bones!

Love,
Reina

Kien said...

Excellent choice.. Oscar.. totally my type of books... if only i can get hold of all those books.. then it will be perfect..

Love
Golden Rossi

Hammer said...

Hi Oscar

The best thing I like about books is eating them !!

Have a great weekend.

Sorry I haven't been in touch. I've missed you.

Love from Hammer

Juno said...

Hi Oscar, I thought the books are meant to be chewed up. :p
Have a great weekend!

Momo xoxo

Luckie Girl said...

Hey Oscar,
No wonder you do such great tricks, you have been reading up haven't you?
:)

Bogart H. Devil said...

Hahaha, that first photo of you sitting made mom laugh!!!

Excellent recommendations...

Love,
Bogart

Sophie Brador said...

Hmmmm. I can't quite believe that you would put up with a book called Perfect Puppy that didn't have you or me (at the very least) on the cover. An Old English Sheep dog? Come on. Cute, yes. perfect. Not nearly as perfect as me ... I mean you.

Agatha and Archie said...

OSCAR!!!!!!!!!!You get to go to the pubs with your Mum + Dad??!! We are so jeaulous!!!! We will have to come over there and go with you( PL 1+ 2 would love that) We love your readding list and PL 2 said now she has to go and get them all to read!!!! Good luck in school!! Your Pals,Agatha + Archie

Stanley said...

Thanks for the book list, Oscar. My girl is doing some research on switching me over to eating raw. She is going to check out the book your mama read.

By the way, you look right comfy and at home on the couch.

Goober love,
Stanley

yanmaneee said...

jordan shoes
kobe basketball shoes
balenciaga triple s
moncler jackets
balenciaga shoes
air max 2018
kobe byrant shoes
jordan shoes
air max 270
nike max